In 1915, the City of Dallas purchased 36 acres in what was then, far North Dallas, with a vision for the future. A public area that would enlighten and expand the the recreational and leisure opportunities for the citizens of Dallas. Designed to be the Central Park of Dallas, Reverchon Park was was born.
A lot has changed over the years, but one thing has remained the same. Reverchon Park is still a welcome opportunity for the people of Dallas. As good as the park is, there is still room for improvement. That's why The Friends of Reverchon Park are working with the city of Dallas to implement the Reverchon Park Restoration and Development Plan. This plan will offer improvements and maintenance opportunities designed to make the park more appealing and functional to the more than 30,000 Dallas citizens utilize Reverchon Park each year.
Reverchon Park has a bright future. Help us, as we work together to restore and revitalize one of Dallas' most beautiful assets.
Watch a brief video on the recent work to revitalize the stonework added to the park by the WPA in 1936. ---> Click here
Lori Ashmore-Peters, President
Reverchon Ballfield, c.1930
Source Dallas Municipal Archives